Boy & Girls Clubs of Deep East Texas
Livingston, TX 77351
$42,000 - $45,000 a year - Full-time
$42,000 - $45,000 a year
Number of hires for this role
Supervisor: Program Director – 21st Century Community Learning Centers
Salary: $42,000 - $45,000
FLSA: Full-time / Exempt
Job Summary Directs/manages overall daily operations of a 21st Century site with primary concern for programs and service delivery, school day communication and interaction, site budget management, supervision and training of staff, participant administration, implementation of evaluation methods and community relations.
NOTE: This position is funded totally by grant funds for one year with the possibility of the grant being extended annually up to four additional years.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in education, child development, or related field.
Experience: Minimum of two to four years’ experience in education, youth development, planning and supervising activities based on the developmental needs of young people, or equivalent experience.
Skills: Demonstrated ability to train, supervise, and motivate others. Demonstrated management and leadership skills; experience in budget management, and experience in youth development and programming for youth in “at risk” communities required.
Ability to adhere to project plans and deadlines; ability to write clearly and concisely; ability to balance the demands of multiple and varied tasks; demonstrated high standards of ethics and integrity. Intermediate computer skills in Microsoft Office and Microsoft Excel. Understanding of, and ability to follow, standard administrative office procedures, with emphasis on adapting to Texas Schools and B&GCA structure, styles and systems. Demonstrated attention to detail, job motivation, self-organization, planning and organizing, behavior flexibility, rapport building and cooperation.
Ability to positively interact with management and youth development Club, School and Site staff, program partners and funders, co-workers, public officials and others, and provide excellent customer service; ability to perform a variety of duties and to prioritize tasks to meet organizational needs.
Environmental and Working Conditions:
Normal environment in public school setting during school hours, after school hours, and summer hours. May include some evening and weekends depending upon program needs. The individual selected for this position must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
Physical requirements include ability to stand for long periods of time; lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion; sight, hearing, and skills essential for successful communications include speaking; ability to bend, stoop, and full use of all limbs and at least one hand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Supervises overall site operations. Compiles and oversees the completion of statistical reports reflecting all activities of the site, including attendance, program activities and program participation, program expenditures and parental involvement. Oversees the maintenance of the participant tracking system to assure accurate statistical reports.
· Plans, organizes, directs and evaluates the overall site programs. Prepares program and activity schedules; assists in development and monitoring of annual program objectives and prepares relevant reports. Assures that site carries BGCDET and School District policies and site operational standards. Plans and directs program implementation with assistance as needed from site staff and volunteers.
· Recruits, trains, directs, motivates, evaluates and supervises site staff and volunteers. Makes recommendations to supervisor for promotions and monitoring or job description changes, etc. Assures that site staff know and carry out BGCDET and School District policies and site operational standards.
· Fulfills all delegated administrative functions in a timely and comprehensive manner. Assists in development of site annual budget, as requested, and manages operations within approved budget.
· Exercises authority in guidance and discipline issues of site participants; ensures staff adherence to guidance and discipline policies; involves parents in addressing member’s discipline problems.
· Promotes and stimulates cooperative relationships and interest in site activities and events within the community with parents, the general public, civic groups, and other human service providers.
· Represents the site and interprets B&GC and site objectives, standards and programs to site staff, volunteers, parents, members, and the public. Assists Program Director in setting site policies to uphold the organization’s mission and objectives.
· Promotes and stimulates enrollment in the site through establishing relationships with school site administration, teachers, guidance counselors and other community leaders in the field of service to youth.
· Oversees the appropriate use of the physical property and equipment of the site, within established policies, and makes recommendations for maintenance and equipment purchases. Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and safety of designated property and equipment, within established guidelines.
· Develops and implements plans for participant recruitment, retention and participation in site activities. Develops and implements opportunities for those enrolled to participate in outside educational, recreational, and leadership programs and activities.
· Maintains close contact with School, District, and BGCDET staff to interpret and explain organizational mission, program objectives and standards, discuss issues, and provide/receive information. Has daily contact with 21st Century management staff and support staff, and with participants and site staff as needed to advice and counsel.
· Maintains contact with community groups, school site administration, teachers, participants’ parents and other to assist in addressing issues, resolving problems and publicizing the site and BGCDET. Maintains positive relationships with the public, vendors, etc. to promote in kind donations, sponsorships, etc.
· Involves parents in activities of their child at the site with the associated goal of meeting adult participation requirements. Maintains regular communication with parents on program schedules and activities and guidance and discipline issues and issues relating to their child’s needs and progress.
· Promotes and assists in linking community resources to participants and their families through interaction with Program Director and school staff.
· Promotes participants’ involvement in the school and BGCDET, and educates participants as to the program and activity options available to them as members.
· Purchases or approves purchase of supplies and equipment within budget and policy guidelines.
· Assists with planning and implementation of BGCDET and School events and activities that involve 21st Century participants; provides direction and leadership to staff. Works with staff when necessary to carry out programs in coordination with the school.
· Drives Club vehicles as needed to transport members, run errands, etc.
· Assumes other duties as assigned.
· Adhere to organizational policies and procedures as described in the Boys & Girls Clubs of Deep East Texas’ Employee Handbook, Ethics Policy, and elsewhere.
The above declarations are not intended to be an “all-inclusive” list of duties and responsibilities of the job described, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended only to describe the general nature of the job.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $42,000.00 - $45,000.00 per year