Livingston ISD Response to COVID-19
The district follows the guidance and expertise of national and local health officials to help protect our students and staff from all communicable diseases. The District continues to monitor the outbreak of respiratory illness (COVID-19) caused by a novel (new) coronavirus. Families are encouraged to visit CDC website for more information regarding the Coronavirus.
We continue to be in communication with our local partners and stand ready to take all appropriate measures.
- At-Home Learning
Instructional Supports prepared for each grade level can be found at this link.
- Internet Service for Students
CLICK to view Texas Education Agency Guidance on Providing Internet to Students
- Free Meals available for pick-up at the following campuses for Summer Feeding Program
- Monday-Thursday, 11:00 am – 12:30 pm Sack lunches may be picked up at Cedar Grove Elementary, Creekside Elementary or Livingston High School.
Breakfast for the following day is included in the sack lunch. For students 18 and under - must be present to receive a meal.
- Mental Health Resources
For parents or students to help cope with stress
English – Coping with stress during infectious disease outbreaks.pdf
Spanish – Coping with stress during infectious disease outbreaks.pdf
- Retrieval of items from Nurses Office
If you have anything that needs to be picked up from the Nurses office please contact your campus principal or Lana Smith – email firstname.lastname@example.org or 936-328-2104.
- Message from Superintendent Dr. Brent Hawkins
June 25, 2020 (Letter) – https://www.livingstonisd.com/38742?articleID=56235
- June 11, 2020 – (Video) – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1buQnoF76M&t=1s
- June 11, 2020 – (Hawk’s Talk – June Board Meeting) https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/851/hawks_talk_-_thursday_june_11_2020.pdf
May 14, 2020 (Hawk’s Talk – May Board Meeting) – https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/851/hawks_talk_-_thursday_may_14_2020.pdf
May 8, 2020 (Letter) – https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/851/supt_message_-_may_8_2020.pdf
April 28, 2020 (Hawk’s Talk) – https://s3.amazonaws.com/scschoolfiles/851/hawks_talk_-_tuesday_april_28_2020.pdf
April 20, 2020 (End of Year Plans) – https://www.livingstonisd.com/38740?articleID=52569
April 17, 2020 (Announcement) – https://www.livingstonisd.com/38740?articleID=52433
April 14, 2020 (Video) – https://youtu.be/frUYIZI9f7M
April 8, 2020 (Video) – https://youtu.be/-3_Dx7DNKg4
April 6, 2020 (Letter) – https://www.livingstonisd.com/38742?articleID=51893
March 30, 2020 (Letter) – https://www.livingstonisd.com/38740?articleID=51453
March 24, 2020 (Video) – https://youtu.be/-A58ImfEFZA
March 20, 2020 (Video) – https://youtu.be/DiQd5Lf1QnQ
- Prevention of COVID-19
As a reminder, the CDC always recommends everyday preventive actions to help prevent the spread of respiratory viruses, including:
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
Stop the Spread of Germs – English
Stop the Spread of Germs – Spanish
- Tips for Social Distancing
English – Tips for Social Distancing.pdf
Spanish – Tips for Social Distancing.pdf
- Employee Rights Under the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
Click for English PDF Click for Spanish PDF
- Governmental Resources
- CDC Website – www.cdc.gov
- Polk County COVID-19 Case Counts can be viewed on the ACCHD website https://www.acchd.us/health-concerns/covid-19/.
- Polk County Office of Emergency Management Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/PolkCountyEmergencyManagement/